The 2016 Payton Jordan 'Depth of Talent' By the Numbers
Some notable stats he included from the weekend are listed below:
How many achieved Olympic standard times at Payton Jordan? Sixty-seven.
Here's the breakdown:
- Women's 10,000: 26
- Men's 10,000: 8
- Women's 5,000: 8
- Men's 5,000: 7
- Men's steeplechase: 7
- Women's 800: 5
- Women's steeplechase: 3
- Women's 200: 2
- Women's 400: 2
- Women's 1,500: 1
New World Leaders:
- Linden Hall of Australia ran 4:04 in the 1500m
- Sally Kipyego of Kenya ran 14:58 in the 5K
- Matt Hughes of Canada ran 8:22 in the steeplechase
New Masters World Record:
- Bernard Lagat, 41, ran 27:49 in his 10K debut
Talent By the Numbers:
- 52 men broke 14 minutes in the 5K
- 41 women broke 16 minutes in the 5K
- 39 women broke 4:20 in the 1500m
- 34 women broke 33 minutes in the 10K
- 33 men broke 29 minutes in the 10K
And those are just a few of the stats that Keifer highlighted. Check out the full breakdown on GoStanford.com.
How To Watch The 2017 Payton Jordan Invitational
ON TV: Now available on Roku and Apple TV 4 -- download the FloSports app today!
STREAMING: Available only on FloTrack. SIGN UP HERE
- A yearly FloPRO subscription provides access to ALL FloSports sites.
Join The Conversation On Social
• Follow us on Twitter @FloTrack
• Follow us on Instagram @FloTrack_TrackIsBack
• Follow us on Facebook
Archived Competition Footage
Video footage from the competition will be archived and stored in a video library for FloPRO subscribers to watch for the duration of their subscription.