Qualification Start Lists:
last updated: July 18th at 6:05pm CT
2012 London Olympic Games
Long Jump Schedule:
Day 5, Aug 5th - Qualification (1:05pm CT) - qualifying procedure TBA
Day 6, Aug 6th - Finals (2:05pm CT)
Long Jump Records:
World Record - 7.52 m - Galina Chistyakova (USSR) 6/11/1988
Olympic Record - 7.40 m - Jackie Joyner-Kersee (USA) 9/29/1988
American Record - 7.49 m - Jackie Joyner- Kersee (USA) 7/31/1994
The Favorites: (personal best/season best)
1. Brittney Reese, USA (7.19m/7.15m) - The 2011 Outdoor World champ and the 2012 Indoor World champ coming in with the two best jumps in the world this year.
2. Chelsea Hayes, USA (7.10m/7.10m) - Though only coming in as the 3rd best jumper this year, her jump came much later in the season than Russia's Nazarova. Gotta be there when it counts.
3. Anna Nazarova, Russia (7.11 m/7.11m) - The second best jumper in the world thus far this year.
1. Brittney Reese, USA (7.19m/7.15m) - See Above
2. Chelsea Hayes, USA (7.10m/7.10m) - See Above
3. Janay DeLoach, USA (7.03m/7.03m) - Coming in with a new PB this year and one of the top 10 jumps in the world this year
Past Long Jump Olympic Results: (from wiki)