The 2019 Prefontaine Classic didn't just produce winners and losers, it also gave us track fans a whole bunch of memes to feast over. The following screenshots were pulled from the NBC Gold broadcast for the internet to enjoy.
May I now present the 10 best memes from Pre...
1. My Bib Has The Wrong City Name...But That's None Of My Business
Context: 400m hurdler Rasmus Mägi takes a drink of water before his race.
2. "Everyone Always Asks How Far Is Shot Put, No One Asks How Is Shot Put"
Context: A flying shot put thrown by women's Pre champion Gong Lijiao of China.
3. The 2019-2020 Los Angeles Lakers Bench
Context: (L-R) Jakob Ingebrigtsen, Brahim Kaazouzi and Filip Ingebrigtsen before the Bowerman mile.
4. When The Good Cop/Bad Cop Routine Isn't Cracking The Suspect
Context: Mondo Duplantis listens to fellow pole vaulter Sam Kendricks after a jump with an official (seated) close-by.
5. Gather 'Round And Let Me Tell You About The Time I Ran 8:18
Context: Sifan Hassan shares a seat with Laura Weightman after winning the Pre Classic 3k.
6. You vs. The Guy She Told You Not To Worry About
Context: Two-mile runner-up Paul Chelimo (top left) and third place finisher Selemon Barega (bottom left) after the race, with winner Joshua Cheptegei celebrating (right).
7. When The Shred Is Gnar Gnar
8. Sha'Carri To College After Her 10.75 At NCAAs
Context: Sha'Carri Richardson before the women's 100m.
9. Me When Titanic Comes On
Context: Christian Coleman celebrates after winning the men's 100m.
10. When Mom Makes Pizza Rolls
Context: Chris Nilsen celebrates a pole vault clearance.